WWE Superstar Xavier Woods appears to have found out about the latest cuts to the WWE roster during a live TV broadcast he was part of.
On November 18th, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful broke the news that 8 WWE Superstars were set to be let go by the company. It emerged that Hit Row, John Morrison, Tegan Nox, Jaxson Ryker, Shane Thorne, and Drake Maverick were the ones leaving the company.
Some of those stars have since reacted on social media while the wider wrestling world has also been reacting to the shocking events.
Video footage has emerged of New Day star and current King Of The Ring Xavier Woods apparently receiving news of the events during a break on G4’s Attack Of The Show.
In the video Woods can be seen looking at his phone before rushing off set. The show returns from the break before Xavier Woods comes back and sits down next to the host. Woods is asked if he wants to talk about anything and says he “probably shouldn’t.”
Yeah, Xavier found out about the releases live on G4. pic.twitter.com/deBWOGm5NO
— Austin (@rondarouseyszn) November 19, 2021
The latest round of roster cuts brings the number of WWE Superstars released by the company in 2021 to eighty. The reason given for the cuts is said to be the same as previously with John Laurinaitis reported to be telling people that it was down to “budget cuts.”