As WWE Raw celebrates it’s 30th birthday, titles will be defended, legends will return and judgement will finally be passed on Sami Zayn by The Bloodline.
The first event broadcast under the Monday Night Raw banner was held on January 11th, 1993, and featured the likes of The Steiner Brothers, Yokozuna, and The Undertaker.
Skip forward 30 years and WWE are in Philadelphia for a huge show that could have serious WrestleMania implications.
One massive title match will see The Usos defending the Raw Tag Team Titles against Judgment Day. The match marks the first time that the titles have been defended on their own since The Usos unified the gold back in May 2022. Meanwhile, Austin Theory defends his United States Championship against Bobby Lashley.
It had been advertised that there would be an Acknowledgment Ceremony featuring “every generation” of The Bloodline. But after the events on SmackDown, this has been replaced by ‘The Bloodline’s Tribal Court’ which will put Sami Zayn on trial.
Meanwhile, Becky Lynch will take on Bayley in a Cage Match and a whole host of legends including The Undertaker, Kurt Angle, Ric Flair, and more are scheduled to be on the show.
WWE Raw Results – January 23rd, 2023
- Hulk Hogan opens the show and runs down his catchphrases, broken mic and all.
- Tribal Court segment. Heavy cheers for Sami Zayn. Paul Heyman runs down evidence against Zayn. Reigns orders Solo to attack Sami, but Jey intervenes. Jey presents the defence, Reigns finds Zayn not guilty… for now.
- The Usos retain the Raw Tag Team Titles. Sami Zayn steps in to replace Jimmy Uso mid-match. Zayn and Jey hit the 1D on Dominik to score the win.
- Backstage segment with The Godfather, Baron Corbin, JBL, Ron Simmons.
- LA Knight runs down the legends before being confronted by The Undertaker as the American Badass. As he backs away, Wyatt appears behind him. ‘Taker grabs Knight but passes him to Wyatt to deliver a Sister Abigail.
- Bayley and Damage CTRL attack Becky Lynch before their match can begin. The trio stand tall as the match never starts.
- D-X open the second hour but are interrupted by Imperium. A lengthy segment via Teddy Long ends with Imperium facing the Street Profits and Seth Rollins with Kurt Angle as the special guest referee. Street Profits and Rollins score the win.
- Another poker segment backstage. Corbin wins big but IRS appears to take his winnings.
- Ric Flair introduces Charlotte Flair. Bianca Belair came to the ring and was interrupted by Sonya Deville. This set up a match between Belair and Deville. Belair wins, cuts promo aimed at Alexa Bliss. Bliss responds in a taped segment.
- Cody Rhodes vignette
- The Miz demanded to be acknowledged, instead was Stunned by Kevin Owens. KO grabbed a microphone and said he is coming for Roman Reigns, pledging to just keep fighting.
- Austin Theory wins via a returning Brock Lesnar who laid out Bobby Lashley. The United States Champion won after being F5’d onto a prone Lashley.