Keep up with all of tonight’s NXT TakeOver: Vengeance Day results as NXT presents its 33rd TakeOver event featuring two Dusty Classic finals and three title defences!
- Raquel Gonzalez & Dakota Kai defeat Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart via pinfall – Women’s Dusty Classic Final
- MSK defeat Grizzled Young Veterans via pinfall to win the Men’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
- Johnny Gargano defeats Kushida via pinfall to retain the NXT North American Championship.
- Io Shirai defeats Toni Storm and Mercedes Martinez to retain the NXT Women’s Championship
- Finn Bálor defeats Pete Dunne to retain the NXT Championship, Adam Cole turns on Kyle O’Reilly.
Raquel Gonzalez & Dakota Kai defeat Ember Moon and Shotzi Blackheart via pinfall – Women’s Dusty Classic Final
— WWE (@WWE) February 15, 2021
- Dakota and Raquel dominate early on working over the valiant Shozti Blackheart and isolating her from Ember Moon.
- Eventually the tides begin to turn with Moon and Blackheart separating Kai from her physically superior tag partner.
- Raquel rolls over the competition following a desperation tag from Kai allowing the former Team Kick member to regain her composure.
- Gonzalez removes Blackheart from the equation temporarily hitting the Ballsy Badass with a huge Powerbomb into the Perspex Barricade.
- The Eclipse allows Moon to get a great near-fall however Kai provides adequate distraction to allow Gonzalez to kick out at 2.
- Blackheart debuts a unique spinning Sit-out Facebuster onto Kai, looks nasty, very impressive manoeuvre.
- Ember hits a huge diving Crossbody onto Kai whilst elevated on the shoulders of Blackheart at ringside, Gonzalez however regains control for her team.
- The former NXT Women’s Champion is thrown from the entrance ramp to the depth below allowing Gonzalez to connect with the Single-Handed Powerbomb to pick up the win.
Result: Raquel Gonzalez & Dakota Kai win the Women’s Dusty Classic Final
Johnny Gargano defeats Kushida via pinfall to retain the NXT North American Championship.
— WWE (@WWE) February 15, 2021
- Whilst Gargano makes his entrance, Theory is mysteriously taken by an unknown figure [Lumis].
- Kushida gets a hold of Gargano’s arm early on and works over the limb in an attempt to weaken the Champion for the Hoverboard Lock.
- Both competitors are evenly matched however on many occasions Kushida catches the Champion off-guard and locks in a cross-arm breaker.
- Commentary put over heavily that Kushida would become the first ever Japanese North American Champion if he won.
- Gargano gets a near fall with a picturesque Tornado DDT, however the Time Splitter manages to kick out before being caught into the Gargano Escape.
- The damage done to Gargano’s Left Arm prevents him fully locking in the submission allowing Kushida to escape and hit a vicious Lawn Dart.
- The match is almost won as Kushida counters a Spanish Fly into a arm bar only for Gargano to get a toe to the rope.
- Kushida follows up PK to the arm with a Hover Board Lock attempt however Gargano counters throwing Kushida next first against the ropes.
- The NA Champion hits the One-Final Beat onto the Ramp before connecting with a second One-Final Beat back into the ring.
- Gargano successfully retains the North American Championship setting up a feud with Lumis.
Result: Johnny Gargano retains the North American Championship
MSK defeat Grizzled Young Veterans via pinfall to win the Men’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Finals
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) February 15, 2021
- Gibson cuts a pre-match promo disrespecting the ‘sob story’ motivating MSK, they state this will not be fun, not be amusing it will be nothing but pain.
- Following a series of outside dives Gibson wipes Carter out with a stiff Lariat allowing GYV to gain control.
- Liverpool’s Number 1 [Not Alisson] wipes out Wes Lee on the apron preventing Carter from successfully making a much needed tag and allowing GYV to continue isolating the former Zachary Wentz.
- Wes Lee hits a phenomenal over-the-turnbuckle dive onto Drake and Gibson!
- Drake and Gibson hit the Helter Skelter followed by the 450 for a near-fall however MSK respond with an assisted Moonsault into a Poison ‘Rana.
- The Doomsday Device onto the outside gives GYV the opening they need to isolate Carter in the ring.
- MSK counter the Ticket to Ride into their finishing manoeuvre [the assisted Blockbuster] to capture the Dusty Cup in only their 4th ever NXT match.
Result: MSK win the Men’s Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic Final.
Io Shirai defeats Toni Storm and Mercedes Martinez to retain the NXT Women’s Championship
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) February 15, 2021
- Martinez jumps Io before the bell however Shirai quickly returns the favour removing the former RISE Champion from the equation.
- Toni counters a Three-Amigos attempted after the second Amigo before hitting a sliding uppercut onto Shirai.
- Shirai has Storm in a Cross-Face Attempt before Martinez sneaks up from behind and locks in a Dragon Sleeper of her own.
- Spider Suplex from Martinez to Storm gives Shirai the opportunity to hit a double stomp across the sternum of Martinez.
- Storm attempts to clear the announce table however the entire table collapses and leaves the performers confused as to how to progress with the spot.
- Storm-Zero onto Martinez gives us our first near-fall attempt however Shirai breaks up the pinfall with the Over-The-Moonsault and picks up the pinfall victory over Martinez as a result.
Result: Io Shirai retains the NXT Women’s Championship
Finn Balor defeats Pete Dunne to retain the NXT Championship via pinfall
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) February 15, 2021
- Technical Masterclass akin to Regal vs. Finlay from Unrestricted ensues with neither man either to gain sizeable control early on.
- A Twisting Suplex from Dunne manages to keep Balor down for 2, however Dunne’s injuries to his left knee [sustained throughout the match] prevents him fully taking advantage.
- Pete Dunne pulls out his Daniel Bryan Turnbuckle Moonsault counter however sells the knee perfectly and falls to the mat.
- Shotgun Dropkick from Balor sets up for the Coup De Grace but Dunne reverse into a Triangle Choke.
- Dunne attempts to hit the Bitter End however Balor reverses into a 1916 attempt before both men fall over to the mat.
- As the match approaches the climax, Dunne is selling an injured Knee and Balor a injured arm
- Bitter End following a Low Blow gets a incredible near fall must have been 2.999
- Balor counters the Bitter End into the 1916 but Dunne finds the will to cling on and kick out
- The NXT Champion removes Dunne’s mouthguard hits the Shotgun Dropkick followed by the Coup De Grace and then the Bloody Sunday to seal the 3 count.
- Post match Lorcan and Burch attack Balor only for UE to make the save, however, as the ending credit logo flashes up Cole Superkicks Balor much to O’Reilly’s complaints however….COLE IS NOT DONE, Cole Superkicks Kyle and stands over him as the show fades to black.
- Undisputed Era…is dead.
Result: Finn Balor retains the NXT Championship, Adam Cole turns on Kyle O’Reilly.