A new report has suggested that WWE discussed “multiple ideas” regarding switching up the presentation of the upcoming Day 1 pay-per-view.
For the first-time ever WWE will be hosting a pay-per-event on New Year’s Day. Known as WWE Day 1 the event will play host to the huge Universal Title rematch between Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar, as well as a Fatal-Four-Way for the WWE Championship.
To mark the history-making show, a new report has claimed that the company discussed numerous different ideas regarding the presentation of the event. These were said to include different colours for the ring ropes and the canvas, as well as the use of different camera angles.
However, according to Wrestle Votes it appears that all of the ideas were eventually ruled out, and the pay-per-view will go ahead with WWE’s usual format.
In coordination w/ the Day 1 theme, multiple presentation ideas were discussed regarding the look & feel of tomorrow’s PPV. Everything from different rope colors, mat colors, camera angles etc and from what I’m told ALL were declined. Sheesh.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) December 31, 2021
WWE Day 1 is currently scheduled to take place on January 1st, 2022 and will emanate from the State Farm Arena in Atlanta, Georgia.
The “main show” will begin at 8pm EST, which is 1am UK time on January 2nd.
You can find the updated card for WWE Day 1 below.
- Big E defends the WWE Championship against Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens and Bobby Lashley in a Fatal 4-Way.
- Roman Reigns defends the Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar
- Liv Morgan challenges Becky Lynch for the WWE Raw Women’s Championship
- The Usos defend the SmackDown Tag Team Championships against The New Day’s King Woods and Kofi Kingston
- Edge takes on The Miz
- Sami Zayn challenges Shinsuke Nakamura for the Intercontinental Championship
- Randy Orton and Riddle defend the Raw Tag Team Championships against either The Street Profits
- Drew McIntyre competes against Madcap Moss