An update has emerged on Lacey Evans after missing a match on SmackDown two weeks ago.
On the 29 July SmackDown, Lacey Evans was scheduled to take on Aliyah, but was pulled from the card on the day of the show. Aliyah would take on Shotzi instead, while the commentary team announced Evans was not cleared to compete. She’s not appeared on television ever since.
A report by Fightful Select says there have been no immediate creative plans laid out for Evans, and she wasn’t even in the discussion to take part in the number one contendership Gauntlet match from this week’s SmackDown.
Lacey Evans was reportedly a personal favourite of Vince McMahon who worked directly with her. Evans’ return earlier this year was said to be “chaotic and directionless”, however.
Her absence could be attributed to the major backstage overhaul over the past few weeks with Vince McMahon announcing his retirement on July 22, and Paul ‘Triple H’ Levesque taking over the role of Head of Creative.
Lacey Evans returned to WWE on 8 April after taking a year off due to her pregnancy, with a series of backstage promos talking about her life. She ultimately turned heel on 8 July after turning on the crowd for not cheering for her enough before a scheduled match against Shayna Baszler and Shotzi.