The full Wrestling Observer Newsletter match ratings have been revealed for Double or Nothing with a surprising bout being awarded five stars.
At Double or Nothing every major AEW Championship was on the line, but only one changed hands. In the main event CM Punk completed what has been a remarkable comeback by defeating Hangman Adam Page to claim the AEW World Championship.
In May 2021, Punk was still retired and didn’t debut with the company until August. Furthermore, he hadn’t wrestled at all in more than seven years, making his comeback that bit more impressive.
Elsewhere on the show, Thunder Rosa defeated Serena Deeb to retain her Women’s Championship, while Jade Cargill retained her TBS Championship with a win over Anna Jay. Jurassic Express also held onto their World Tag Team Titles in a chaotic Three-Way tag team match.
The show also featured the wild brawl known as Anarchy in the Arena between the Jericho Appreciation Society and the Blackpool Combat Club, and Eddie Kingston and Santana & Ortiz.
In the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has now handed out his often argued over match ratings. The highest-rated match on the night was the blood-soaked Anarchy in the Arena bout which received five stars. The lowest rated match was the TBS Title clash between Anna Jay and Jade Cargill.
You can find the full list of ratings below.
- Hook & Danhausen vs. Mark Sterling & Tony Nese – 2
- MJF vs. Wardlow – 3
- The Hardys vs. the Young Bucks – 4
- Jade Cargill vs. Anna Jay – 1 3/4
- House of Black vs. Death triangle – 4 1/2
- Adam Cole vs. Samoa Joe – 3 1/2
- Britt Baker vs. Ruby Soho – 3 1/2
- Tay Conti, Sammy Guevara, Frankie Kazarian vs. Paige VanZant, Scorpio Sky, Ethan Page – 2 1/4
- Kyle O’Reilly vs. Darby Allin – 3 1/2
- Thunder Rosa vs Serena Deeb – 4 1/4
- Anarchy in the Arena – 5
- Jurassic Express vs. Keith Lee & Swerve Strickland vs. Team Taz – 4 1/2
- CM Punk vs. Adam Page – 4 1/2
By contrast at AEW’s previous pay-per-view, Revolution in March, no match received five stars.