WWE News

Triple H Reportedly Not Expected To Wrestle Again Following Recent Surgery

Triple H

WWE EVP and former 14-time world champion Triple H is not expected to don his wrestling boots again following heart surgery according to a new report.

News first broke of Triple H’s medical condition when WWE issued a statement on September 8, 2021, revealing that The Game was recovering after a successful procedure following what they called a “cardiac event.” The full statement read:

“Paul Levesque, a.k.a. Triple H, underwent a successful procedure last week at Yale New Haven Hospital following a cardiac event. The episode was caused by a genetic heart issue and Paul is expected to make a full recovery.”

Nearly two weeks after that statement, Triple H himself made his first public comment on the matter. The WWE COO said that he is “blown away by the outreach and support from so many people.” He went on to say that he is “recovering, doing well, and deeply grateful for all the love in [his] life.”

As The King Of Kings continues to recover from his surgery, the Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer has commented on the likelihood of Triple H ever gracing the squared circle again, some Meltzer says is unlikely:

”I wouldn’t expect HHH to ever wrestle again, although it is possible he may do one retirement match if he feels the need to leave on his own terms and doctors will clear him, but that’s not likely to be for a long time and he hasn’t even returned to behind-the-scenes work yet.”

Triple H’s last match came at Tokyo’s famed Ryogoku Sumo Hall during a WWE tour of Japan in June 2019. The Game teamed up with Shinsuke Nakamura to defeat the team of Robert Roode and Samoa Joe.