Speaking in a new interview AEW President Tony Khan, has discussed the possibility of AEW using house show style intermissions at its pay-per-view events.
Appearing on Busted Open Radio, Tony Khan suggested that the concept is something which may transfer to pay-per-view specials.
“We have great (video packages) and we could do that. Also, a [countdown] clock. If you watch the Road To or the countdown, you might’ve seen them, but that’s even better. They are part of the pay-per-view, putting some 9 (video packages) up. I think it’s a good idea. If [Busted Open hosts Tommy Dreamer and Dave LaGreca] like it, that makes me feel a little better. Maybe it’s a good idea. If the fans like it, then maybe it’s a good idea.”
The comments come after AEW ran it’s first ever house show event, The House Always Wins earlier on in April.
Of the show’s 9-match card, the highlights included the surprise debut of DDT Pro star Konosuke Takeshita, The Butcher winning a 12-man battle royal to unsuccessfully challenge Darby Allin for the TNT Championship in the show’s main event and Anthony Ogogo attacking Cody Rhodes after a brutal street fight against Ogogo’s fellow Factory member Aaron Solow.
- The Butcher won a 12-Man Battle Royal to earn a TNT Championship match (8:48)
- The Pinnacle (MJF, FTR & Shawn Spears) defeated Jurassic Express, Christopher Daniels & Dante Martin(14:30)
- Jade Cargill defeated Reka Tahaka (3:30)
- Cody Rhodes defeated Aaron Solow (15:47)
- Best Friends (Trent, Chuck Taylor & Orange Cassidy) defeated The Hybrid2 & Max Caster (11:10)
- Eddie Kingston defeated Cezar Bononi (9:20)
- Red Velvet, Tay Conti, Ryo Mizunami & Hikaru Shida defeated Nyla Rose, Rebel, The Bunny & Dr Britt Baker DMD (14:00)
- The Sydal Brothers & Death Triangle defeated Michael Nakazawa, Konosuke Takeshita & The Elite (Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks) (12:25)
- Darby Allin defeated The Butcher to retain the TNT Championship (13:11)
H/t to Fightful for the transcription.