WWE authority figure Sonya Deville has announced that Toni Storm will take the final spot on Team SmackDown for the Survivor Series.
WWE announced the teams for Survivor Series on November 6th, less than two weeks from the event but the teams on all sides were quickly shaken up.
The SmackDown women’s team was originally made up of Sasha Banks, Shayna Baszler, Natalya, Shotzi and Aliyah. While the inclusion of Aliyah was seen as something of a surprise as she had yet to make her debut on SmackDown, it also presented an opportunity for the young Superstar to make her mark on the big stage.
In the opening match on November 12th, Aliyah teamed with Sasha Banks and Naomi to take on Natalya, Shotzi and Shayna Baszler. The six women had got into a huge brawl as the show began with Sonya Deville attempting to introduce Team SmackDown. In the end it was Aliyah who picked up the win but her joy was to be short-lived.
After the match, Aliyah was confronted by Deville backstage. The official calmly said that she had been advised to remove the former NXT Superstar from the team.
Writing on social media, Sonya Deville has now confirmed that Aliyah will be replaced by Toni Storm.
With #SurvivorSeries fast approaching, I want to ensure each brand is represented by the best and brightest Superstars. Therefore, it’s my pleasure to announce that TONI STORM will be the fifth and final member of the #Smackdown Women’s team. Congrats and good luck on Sunday!
— Daddy Deville (@SonyaDevilleWWE) November 18, 2021
Toni Storm made her WWE debut in the summer of 2017, appearing in the Mae Young Classic. She then went on to win the tournament the following year before winning the NXT UK Women’s Title.
After a stint on NXT, Storm became a permanent fixture on the main roster on July 9th 2021. The star was last seen on the most recent episode of SmackDown where she confronted Charlotte Flair.
You can read the updated card for Survivor Series below.
- WWE Champion Big E vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns
- Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch vs. SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair
- United States Champion Damian Priest vs. Intercontinental Champion Shinsuke Nakamura
- Raw Tag Team Champions RK-Bro (Randy Orton & Riddle) vs. SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso)
- Women’s five-on-five elimination match: Team Raw (Bianca Belair, Rhea Ripley, Liv Morgan, Carmella & Zelina Vega) vs. Team SmackDown (Sasha Banks, Shayna Baszler, Shotzi, Natalya, and Toni Storm)
- Men’s five-on-five elimination match: Team Raw (Seth Rollins, Finn Balor, Kevin Owens, Austin Theory & Bobby Lashley) vs. Team SmackDown (Drew McIntyre, Jeff Hardy, Xavier Woods, Baron Corbin, and unconfirmed)