The Usos have provided an update on the condition of Roman reigns after he was removed form WWE Day 1 due to testing positive for COVID-19.
Roman Reigns announced on January 1st that he would not be able to compete at WWE’s Day 1 event that evening. Reigns had been scheduled to defend his Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar at WWE’s first-ever New Year’s Day spectacular.
Posting on Twitter, the ‘Tribal Chief’ said that he was looking forward to returning to action as soon as possible.
I yearn to perform tonight at #WWEDay1 to defend my Universal Championship. However, unfortunately, earlier today I tested positive for COVID-19. Due to the proper protocols I am unable to compete as originally scheduled. I look forward to returning to action as soon as possible.
— Roman Reigns (@WWERomanReigns) January 1, 2022
Speaking to Sports Illustrated after successfully retaining the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships at Day 1, Roman Reigns partners in The Bloodline, and real-life cousins, The Usos have provided an update on the ‘Head of the Table’s condition.
“It felt off not having the Tribal Chief around,” said Jey Uso. “This match was for him. We represented, and he’s going to be OK. He’s home resting, and maybe playing some Call of Duty. We’re going to see him back soon.”
Jimmy Uso added that they just want Reigns to be safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“We opened the show, and we’re so used to seeing The Big Uce close the show. This pandemic is crazy, and all we want is for him to be safe and take care of himself.”
Following the news that Reigns would no longer be performing at the event, WWE announced that Brock Lesnar would be added to the Fatal-Four-Way match for Big E’s WWE Championship. It turned out to be a great opportunity for Lesnar as, during the chaotic title match, he landed an F-5 on Big E and pinned him to capture the gold.