On October 10th it was reported that NXT were looking to hold their next Premium Live Event on December 10th. The report claimed that company personnel had been told to keep the date free, while WWE had recently filed a trademark for the name ‘Deadline.’
With Halloween Havoc taking place on October 22nd, WWE needed something to fill the spot left by WarGames. The event featuring matches of the same name usually took place in late November/early December, but it has already been confirmed that WarGames matches will form part of Survivor Series. This left a gap in the schedule.
NXT Deadline Confirmed For December 10th
Speaking on a media call ahead of Halloween Havoc, WWE’s Senior Vice President of Talent Development Creative Shawn Michaels confirmed that NXT’s next Premium Live Event will indeed be Deadline on December 10th.
The date is significant as it is the same day that AEW/Ring of Honor host Final Battle. It was announced on the most recent episode of AEW Dynamite that the show will be taking place in Arlington at the University of Texas. The show has a special start time of 4pm Eastern. Tickets go on sale on November 4th.
NXT Halloween Havoc is set to be headlined by the Triple Threat NXT Championship clash between champion Bron Breakker, Ilja Dragunov and JD McDonagh. The card features six matches in total, and a full rundown can be found below.
- Bron Breakker (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov vs. JD McDonagh – NXT Championship
- Mandy Rose (c) vs. Alba Fyre – NXT Women’s Championship
- Carmelo Hayes vs. Wes Lee vs. Oro Mensah vs. Von Wagner vs. Nathan Frazer – Vacant North American Championship
- Roxanne Perez vs. Cora Jade – Weapons Wild Match
- Julius Creed vs. Damon Kemp – If Creed loses his brother Brutus must leave the brand
- Apollo Crews vs. Grayson Waller – Spin the wheel, Make the deal.