Second Fan Ejected From Raw After Dark Match Incident

Monday Night Raw Logo WWE Raw

In what a strange night for Monday Night Raw in the Barclays Center, Brooklyn, New York, it now transpires that a second fan was thrown out of the arena during the dark match.

On the latest edition of Monday Night Raw, Seth Rollins was assaulted by a fan on the entrance ramp. Rollins had just beat down Finn Balor in the ring, causing a match between the two to be called off, and was exiting the arena via the ramp when the attack occurred.

The confrontation was briefly caught on television before the camera quickly cut away. However, it was confirmed by those in attendance that the fan jumped the rail and tackled Rollins before security intervened. The attacker was then dragged away to loud “a**hole” chants.

Following the incident, WWE released a statement that the individual had been handed over to the New York Police Department and would be prosecuted for the assault.

“WWE takes the safety of its performers very seriously. The individual who attacked Seth Rollins has been turned over to the NYPD and will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.”
ESPN has now reported that 24-year-old Elisah Spencer is being held on charges of attempted assault and attempted violation of arts and cultural affairs (disrupting a live sporting event), according to the New York Police Department.
The police have added that Spencer left his section where he was seated for the event, jumped the barrier, and attacked Seth Rollins at 9.20 pm local time.
It now appears that a second member of the crowd was escorted out of the Barclays Center during the dark match after the show had gone off the air. A dual-brand 7 vs. 7 tag team lumberjack match took place and this is when the problems seemed to arise.
Talksport’s Alex McCarthy reported on social media that Montez Ford of the Street Profits waved the fan away but Sami Zayn and MVP were “animated” before the fan was removed.

There was a happy ending however on Raw before the rest of the crowd went home as they serenaded Randy Orton’s daughter with a chorus of ‘Happy Birthday.’