ROH star Jay Briscoe sadly passed away on January 17th as a result of injuries suffered in a car accident.
The news of his passing shook the wrestling world, with friends, acquaintances and fellow wrestlers lining up to pay tribute to the Ring of Honor and tag team legend.
However, despite being under contract with ROH, who are owned by AEW, All Elite Wrestling were prevented from dedicating the January 18th episode of Dynamite to the star. The company previously aired a special tribute episode of Dynamite after the passing of Brodie Lee in December 2020.
Instead, a special Ring of Honor show was filmed which will be made available for free on HonorClub and uploaded onto YouTube. While on Dynamite a number of wrestlers wore black armbands in honour of Briscoe and a tribute graphic was shown at the start of the show. You can find the results for the tribute show below.
Jay Briscoe Tribute Show Results
- Ian Riccaboni and Caprice Coleman kicked off the show talking about Briscoe.
- The first match on the card saw Wheeler Yuta retain his ROH Pure Championship with a win over Hagane Shino via submission. The judges for the match were Jerry Lynn, Dean Malenko, and BJ Whitmer.
- Adam Cole cut a promo about Jay Briscoe.
- Marina Shafir def Mighty Myra – Submission
- Eddie Kingston def QT Marshall – Submission
- Athena def Madison Rayne. After retaining her ROH Women’s Championship via submission, Athena attacked Skye Blue with the belt after the match.
- Yuka Sakazaki def Sandra Moone
- Juice Robinson def Brandon Cutler
- Claudio Castagnoli defeated Christopher Daniels. Castagnoli retains the ROH World Championship. After the match both the champion and Daniels spoke about Jay Briscoe.
All spoilers come courtesy of f4wonline.com