NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin has now officially been cancelled.
In a statement issued to Inside The Ropes by WWE, the company confirmed that the event which had been scheduled take place on June 20th 2021 has been cancelled.
The statement adds that refunds will be available from the point of purchase.
NXTUK Live: Dublin scheduled to take place at 3Arena, Dublin on Sunday, June 20 2021 has been cancelled.
Refunds will be available from point of purchase.
NXT UK TakeOver: Dublin, which was due to take place at the 3Arena in Dublin had originally been scheduled for April 26th 2020. However, the show was moved due to the COVID-19 pandemic. A new date of October 25th was then pencilled in, but this once again had to be postponed.
The event was then rearranged for June 20th 2021.
The show was initially due to be headlined by a highly anticipated clash between Finn Balor and WALTER.
While WWE programming continued uninterrupted in the United States, NXT UK was initially placed on a hiatus in April 2020. Live shows from the brand didn’t return until the following September.
The news comes on the same day that it was reported that WWE will be heading back on the road this summer.
Dave Metzer of the Wrestling Observer said in his most recent newsletter that there had been “hints” within the company that they were targeting a June return to their touring schedule. However, it was also said the WWE Superstars were given an August date with the possibility of that being as early as late July.