NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver will emanate from the Capitol Wrestling Center inside the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Florida as NXT presents its second TakeOver event of the year!
The 34th NXT TakeOver is set to feature seven championship matches across two nights! Night 1 will see the NXT United Kingdom, NXT Tag Team and NXT Women’s Championships be defended whilst night 2 will feature defences of the NXT Women’s Tag Team, Cruiserweight, North American and NXT Championships!
Elsewhere on the show: Pete Dunne will take on Kushida after Dunne claimed he was the greatest in-ring technician in the world whilst Kyle O’Reilly will finally get his hands on Adam Cole in an Unsanctioned match, the two being on a collision course ever since Cole betrayed O’Reilly and broke up The Undisputed ERA.
- Zoey Stark vs Toni Storm (Pre-show)
- Pete Dunne vs Kushida
- Leon Ruff vs Isaiah ‘Swerve’ Scott vs Bronson Reed vs Cameron Grimes vs Dexter Lumis vs LA Knight – Gauntlet Eliminator match, winner challenges Johnny Gargano on Night 2
- WALTER (c) vs Tommaso Ciampa for the United Kingdom Championship
- MSK vs Grizzled Young Veterans vs Legado Del Fantasma for the vacant NXT Tag Team Championship
- Io Shirai (c) vs Raquel Gonzalez for the NXT Women’s Championship
- Zoey Stark defeats Toni Storm via pinfall (Roll-Up)
- Pete Dunne defeats Kushida via pinfall (Bitter End)
- Bronson Reeds wins the Gauntlet Eliminator match, challenges Johnny Gargano on Night 2
- WALTER (c) defeats Tommaso Ciampa to retain the United Kingdom Championship
- MSK defeat Grizzled Young Veterans and Legado Del Fantasma to capture the vacant NXT Tag Team Championship
- Raquel Gonzalez defeats Io Shiari to capture the NXT Women’s Championship (One-Handed Powerbomb)
Pete Dunne defeats Kushida via pinfall (Bitter End)
— WWE (@WWE) April 8, 2021
- NXT TakeOver stage features a throwback to Survivor Series 1998 Deadly Games with a giant skull on the ramp.
- Pete Dunne debuts a new theme, a rather melancholy metallic number.
- Dunne controls the bout early on until Kushida hits a beautiful Backspring Elbow on the outside to regain control.
- Kushida and Dunne exchange stiff right hands before Dunne comes out on top and follows up with the double finger stomp.
- Bitter End by Dunne allows him to pick up the win in around 10 minutes.
Bronson Reeds wins the Gauntlet Eliminator match, challenges Johnny Gargano on Night 2 (Tsunami)
— WWE (@WWE) April 8, 2021
- Swerve attacks Ruff before the bell however the former NA Champion comes out on top after surviving a brutal toss into the plexiglass.
- Ruff hits the Cutter off a Springboard on the Announce Table.
- Bronson Reeds joins in 3rd, working with Ruff to lay out Swerve initially to a storm of Thicc Boi season chants.
- Grimes in at four, pays off Swerve to work with him in the match.
- The new formed team helps lay out Ruff with a vicious lawn dart and Reed with a Double Leg Sweep.
- Ruff is Eliminated by Issiah ‘Swerve’ Scott.
- Lumis comes in and immediately cleans house before coming face-to-face with Reed.
- Lumis manages to lift Reed up into a Fireman’s Carry before sending him through the middle-rope.
- LA Knight runs everyone down on the mic as he slowly makes his way to the ring, is met with a Samoan Drop from Reed for his troubles.
- Knight rolls up Lumis during a submission attempt before Knight is then laid out by all three remaining participants and eliminated himself.
- Grimes hits the Spanish Fly onto Reed before getting rolled up by Swerve with a handful of the tights.
- Swerve hits a picturesque 450 Splash onto Reed to get a very near two fall.
- Reed hits the Tsunami onto Swerve to pick up the win.
WALTER (c) defeats Tommaso Ciampa to retain the United Kingdom Championship (Chop)
— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) April 8, 2021
- Ciampa returns to his shaved head and shorts look for the first time in over 12 months.
- WALTER chops Ciampa stopping his momentum before working him over on the announce table.
- Ciampa screams that the Blackheart is back before sending WALTER’s hand through the table.
- WALTER survives a barrage of 20-30 Clotheslines from Ciampa before countering with a vicious chop.
- Ciampa manages to get WALTER up for a Samoan Driver however he is unable to keep him down for the three-count.
- The Fairy Tale ending can’t get the job done and instead earns Ciampa a vicious lariat and German combination.
- WALTER out of desperation rolls out the ring to avoid the Willows Bell.
- Avalanche Air-Raid Crash from Ciampa gives the challenger a very convincing near-fall.
- WALTER targets the repaired neck of Ciampa with the feet assisted neck snap and two huge Powerbombs.
- Finally the combination of a cross-armed German from WALTER and one final huge Chop is enough to keep Ciampa down for the three-count.
MSK defeat Grizzled Young Veterans and Legado Del Fantasma to capture the vacant NXT Tag Team Championship
No. 1 Trend in the United States = #NXTTakeOver
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 8, 2021
- GYV control the tempo early on by isolate the other two teams and grounding their aerial offence.
- LDF control the middle segment of the match following stereo dives to the outside with Mendoza going diagonally past the turnbuckle.
- Wes Lee hits a huge Float-Over Moonsault before MSK hit their signature assisted Moonsault onto Drake.
- Gibson and Drake target the injured hand of Wes Lee before hitting him with a modified arm drag.
- Wes Lee bites his hand to prevent himself tapping out to the Shangley Gates.
- LDF are laid out by MSK and GYV leaving the two teams remaining.
- Float over Neckbreaker Fireman’s Carry combo from MSK allows them to pick up the pinfall victory over GYV and capture the vacated Tag Team Championships.
Raquel Gonzalez defeats Io Shiari to capture the NXT Women’s Championship (One-Handed Powerbomb)
What will @WWE Hall of Famer @AmyDumas have to say about tonight's commercial-free main event between #WWENXT#WomensChampion@shirai_io & @RaquelWWE? Tune into #WWEWatchAlong to find out! #NXTTakeOverpic.twitter.com/lTOvYujre7
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 8, 2021
- Shirai immediately brings the fight to Gonzalez grounding her with a huge ‘rana.
- Dakota is sent to the back early on, leaving the two competitors alone.
- Raquel hangs Io up on the ring ropes before Shiari bounces back and hits a perfect Code Red onto the challenger.
- Shirai rolls out of the Single Armed Powerbomb before locking in a cross-face.
- Double Knees from Shirai lays out Gonzalez on the apron.
- Io Shirai dives off the entrance skull wiping Gonzalez out however it is not enough.
- Gonzalez connects with the One-Handed Powerbomb to break Shirai and capture the NXT Women’s Championship.