NXT will hold an historic main event at Stand & Deliver.
The final match of the show will see Bron Breakker defend the championship against Carmelo Hayes in a match that the fans have wanted to see for some time.
The main event will be historic due to the ages of each of the competitors in the match. With Breakker being 25 years old and Hayes being 28 years old, this will be the youngest main event hosted by the company over WrestleMania weekend.
NXT Championship Match To Be Historic For WWE
The fact was referenced on the March 14th episode of the WWE brand, with a contract signing taking place to make the match official. The segment appeared to end without drama, something rarely seen in a contract signing. Pretty Deadly, who were in the ring for the segment, stated that they wanted drama. Breakker and Hayes obliged, driving the tag team through a table.
Bron Breakker first captured the title at the New Year’s Evil Premium Live Event in January 2022, defeating Tommaso Ciampa via submission. Aside from a 27 day gap where the title was held by Dolph Ziggler, Breakker has reigned supreme over the roster ever since.
At Stand & Deliver on April 1st, Bron Breakker’s current title reign will have lasted 359 days. If Breakker successfully defends the championship against Carmelo Hayes, the champion will be closing in on the longest singular NXT Championship reign in the history of the brand. The current record is held by Adam Cole, who held the title for 396 days.
The current line-up for Stand & Deliver is as follows:
- Bron Breakker (c) vs. Carmelo Hayes – Singles match for the NXT Championship
- Zoey Stark vs. Gigi Dolin vs. 2 TBD – Ladder match for the vacant NXT Women’s Championship
- Fallon Henley and Kiana James (c) vs. Alba Fyra and Isla Dawn – Tag team match for the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championships
- Johnny Gargano vs. Grayson Waller
- Wes Lee (c) vs. 4 TBD – Fatal-5 Way match for the North American Championship