NJPW G1 Climax 32 reaches its eighth night with The Ace, Hiroshi Tanahashi, taking on The Submission Master, Zack Sabre Jr. in the main event. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year features 28 men competing across four blocks.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
Coming off his cathartic victory over former best friend Juice Robinson in the main event of Night 6, David Finlay kicked off block action against Shingo Takagi. Finlay was in trouble early on as The Dragon laid him out with a DDT on the floor, however, the fourth-generation star was able to rally and put the former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion on the backfoot with a massive superplex.
Takagi was able to take back control and looked to put Finlay away with Last of The Dragon but he was able to turn it into a Stunner and then get the shock roll-up victory.
The second tournament match saw an NJPW STRONG showcase as JONAH and Tom Lawlor faced off for the first time in singles competition. Lawlor spent much of the match wearing down the bigger man with strikes but JONAH kept coming back against the Team Filthy Leader, even when he threw him off the second rope.
JONAH finally finished things with a huge powerbomb followed by Torpedo for the top rope for the pin.
In the semi-main event, SANADA took on Great O-Khan. The two men were evenly matched but O-Khan was able to keep the edge for much of the bout. An ‘accidental’ low blow gave SANADA some breathing room but O-Khan regained the advantage.
After a struggle, SANADA locked in Skull End but O-Khan gouged his eye to escape. O-Khan was nearly able to hit the Eliminator, but SANADA countered and hit the Moonsault for the win.
The main event featured Hiroshi Tanahashi and Zack Sabre Jr. clashing for the 10th time in singles competition. ZSJ set to work on Tanahashi’s left arm from the start, stretching it in submissions and across the rope. Tanahashi was able to use his power to rally, but ZSJ kept finding ways to get back to submissions again.
The nearest of falls came when ZSJ turned Aces High into a clutch pin, the two rolled around the mat some more before Tanahashi was able to get the pin. However, this rivalry might not be over yet as ZSJ had his arm under the ropes during the three-count.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 8 results
- Bullet Club House of Torture (Yujiro Takahashi & SHO) defeats Kosei Fujita & Ryohei Oiwa
- Bullet Club (KENTA & El Phantasmo) defeats Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Jado)
- United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb & Aaron Henare) defeats Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito & BUSHI) defeats Bullet Club House of Torture (EVIL & Dick Togo)
- CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, Tomohiro Ishii, Toru Yano & YOSHI-HASHI) defeats Bullet Club (Jay White, Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Gedo)
- D Block match: David Finlay (4) defeats Shingo Takagi (2)
- A Block match:JONAH (2) defeats Tom Lawlor (0)
- B Block match: SANADA (4) defeats Great O-Khan (0)
- C Block match: Hiroshi Tanahashi (4) defeats Zack Sabre Jr. (4)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.