NJPW G1 Climax 32 hits Tokyo’s famed Korakuen Hall for the second night with stars including Will Ospreay and Tomohiro Ishii in action. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year features 28 men competing across four blocks.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
G1 action kicked off with Will Ospreay in only his second match of the tournament while Yujiro Takahashi was already on his third. The Tokyo Pimp took control early on and set a slow pace for the match that went against Ospreay’s preferred style. The US Champion was prevented from picking up any steam for much of the match but turned things around with Hiden Blade from the top rope. He overcame a Low Blow and Pimp Juice before hitting Hidden Blade for the win.
Next up, Bad Luck Fale took on his old foil, Toru Yano, who perhaps surprisingly had a 5-1 singles record against Bullet Club’s Rogue General. Yano thought he could do it, realised he couldn’t, and lured Fale out of the ring instead. He tried to get the countout by blasting Fale in the face with water but he got back in before 20. Fale got the win by bouncing Yano off the exposed turnbuckle and rolling him up to take the record to 5-2.
In a hard-hitting affair, Aaron Henare clashed with Hirooki Goto. The two fought in and out of the ring and Henare took the advantage, wearing Goto down with strikes and ground submissions. Goto got some hard shots in himself but got shut down at every turn. Goto fought through multiple striking duels and a Rampage to hit the GTW and then GTR for the win.
At the top of the card, Tomohiro Ishii and Tama Tonga squared off with Ishii trying to score his first win of the tournament after two losses. The pair were evenly matched throughout and able to give each other as good as they got. Whenever it looked like one man was getting an advantage, the other found a way to counter with Ishii even turning Gun Stun into a Backdrop. In a match that could’ve gone either way, Ishii finally hit the Brainbuster to get on the scoreboard.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 7 results
- Bullet Club House Of Torture (EVIL & SHO) defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi & Yuto Nakashima
- Bullet Club (KENTA & El Phantasmo) defeats Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor & Royce Isaacs)
- United Empire (Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) defeats TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito)
- Bullet Club (Jay White, Juice Robinson, Chase Owens & Gedo) defeats Kazuchika Okada, YOSHI-HASHI, David Finlay & Ryohei Oiwa
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) defeats Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)
- D Block match: IWGP United States Champion Will Ospreay (4) defeats Yujiro Takahashi (2)
- A Block match: Bad Luck Fale (4) defeats Toru Yano (2)
- C Block match: Hirooki Goto (4) defeats Aaron Henare (2)
- B Block match: Tomohiro Ishii (2) defeats Tama Tonga (2)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.