NJPW G1 Climax 32 enters its second week with a huge main event between Tomohiro Ishii and IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year it’s bigger than ever before. 28 men will battle for a shot at the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship across four blocks of seven.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
C Block started the tournament action with Zack Sabre Jr. and Aaron Henare both looking to add to their opening week wins. Henare overpowered ZSJ at every turn, but the wily Englishman was able to get his own strikes in, concentrating on wearing down Henare’s legs. After escaping Streets of Rage, ZSJ finished Henare off with a leglock for the submission win.
YOSHI-HASHI began his tournament with a mountain to climb in the form of KOPW Provisional Champion Shingo Takagi. While there were some great back and forth strikes during the bout, Takagi dominated much of the proceedings. YOSHI-HASHI pulled out a last-ditch Karma out of nowhere for a near fall, then took it to Takagi with chops and strikes followed by another Karma attempt. However, it wasn’t enough as Takagi countered the move into a desperation pin for the win.
The semi-main event was an intra-faction battle with CHAOS Leader Kazuchika Okada facing Toru Yano. Yano brought his more violent side to the table, going straight after Okada with chair shots and choking him with wrist tape early in the match. Okada gave as good as he got with strikes that looked a little stiffer than normal. Yano tried all the tricks in his book including spitting mist in Okada’s eyes, but it wasn’t enough as The Rainmaker dropped him with a brutal backbreaker and locked in the Moneyclip for the submission victory.
The final match of the night saw IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White in the main event for the first time in this G1, taking on Tomohiro Ishii. White took advantage early in the match after Gedo threw a chair at Ishii’s face. After White maintained control of much of the match, Ishii came back with a massive shoulder tackle followed by a vertical suplex from the top rope. From there, the Stone Pitbull absorbed a variety of attacks from White but couldn’t put the Catalyst away. White reversed an attempted Brainbuster into Blade Runner for the win.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 4 results
- Bullet Club (KENTA, Juice Robinson & El Phantasmo) defeats Hirooki Goto, David Finlay & Ryohei Oiwa
- Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor & Royce Isaacs) defeats TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito)
- Bullet Club (Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & Yujiro Takahashi) defeats Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)
- United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb & Great O-Khan) defeats Bullet Club House of Torture (EVIL, SHO & Dick Togo)
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tama Tonga & Jado
- C Block match: Zack Sabre Jr. (4) defeats Aaron Henare (2)
- D Block match: KOPW Provisional Champion Shingo Takagi (2) defeats NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion YOSHI-HASHI (0) vs.
- A Block match: Kazuchika Okada (4) defeats Toru Yano (2)
- B Block match: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White (4) defeats Tomohiro Ishii (0)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.