NJPW heads to Sendai for the third night of G1 Climax 32 where AEW’s Lance Archer will be in action against Bullet Club’s Bad Luck Fale. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year it’s bigger than ever before. 28 men will battle for a shot at the IWGP World Heavyweight Championship across four blocks of seven.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
Block action opened with David Finlay making his G1 debut against House of Torture’s Yujiro Takahashi. While Finlay gave his all to get the win, a distraction by SHO allowed Yujiro to hit Big Juice for the pin.
In the second bout, Tama Tonga got a measure of revenge on Chase Owens, who turned his back on him when Jay White ejected him from Bullet Club earlier this year. The two brawled in and out of the ring, but Tonga managed to get the upper hand after a series of reversals to lay Owens out with a Gun Stun for the win.
In the semi-main event, Lance Archer made his first appearance in the G1 while under the AEW banner. He and Bullet Club’s Bad Luck Fale tried to outdo one another with big strikes and slams both in and out of the ring. Leaving the mat proved to be the downfall of Archer, though, as Fale landed enough blows to prevent him from being able to meet the 20-count.
The main event saw Tetsuya Naito attempt to make up for last year’s heartbreak after he was injured in his first match and forced to forfeit the remainder of G1 Climax 31. However, despite managing to land Destino on his opponent, Hirooki Goto, Naito couldn’t put him away. A GTR from Goto put the LIJ leader down for the shock pinfall loss.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 3 results
- TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito) defeat Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor & Royce Isaacs)
- United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb, Great O-Khan & Aaron Henare) defeat Bullet Club (EVIL, El Phantasmo, SHO & Dick Togo)
- CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & YOSHI-HASHI) defeat Toru Yano & Ryohei Oiwa
- Bullet Club (Jay White, KENTA & Juice Robinson) defeat Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tomohiro Ishii & Kosei Fujita
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI) defeat Suzuki-Gun (Zack Sabre Jr., Taichi & TAKA Michinoku)
- D Block match: Yujiro Takahashi(2) defeats David Finlay (0)
- B Block match: Tama Tonga (2)defeats Chase Owens (0)
- A Block match: Bad Luck Fale (2) defeats Lance Archer (0)
- C Block match: Hirooki Goto (2) defeats Tetsuya Naito (0)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.