NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 17 features a main event grudge match between Hiroshi Tanahashi and KENTA. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year features 28 men competing across four blocks.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
David Finlay kicked off the penultimate night of block action as he takes on YOSHI-HASHI. If he had won, he would have taken D Block, however, after controlling much of the match, Finlay fell to a quick roll-up from YOSHI-HASHI who finishes his campaign with six points. In the process, he kept the whole of D Block alive and a seven-way tie still in play.
The second match saw the end of the G1 journey for both Taichi and Great O-Khan. Already mathematically eliminated from B Block, the two were battling for pride. After the two struggled for control, O-Khan was able to pull out a quick pin for his second win to end on four points, the same as Taichi.
The semi-main event saw Jeff Cobb making his last stand against the already-eliminated Tom Lawlor. Unfortunately for Cobb, Lawlor was able to overcome the United Empire man, taking him apart with knees at the end to get the win and end his campaign on a high. Both Cobb and Lawlor are eliminated, ending on six points.
Despite his best efforts, Tanahashi couldn’t put KENTA away and eventually fell to the GTS, ending his campaign on six points. This means that C Block will now be decided on Tuesday with Zack Sabre Jr needing to defeat Tetsuya Naito to take it while Naito needs to win but is also relying on EVIL to beat Hirooki Goto.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 17 results
- Bullet Club House of Torture (EVIL, Yujiro Takahashi, SHO & Dick Togo) defeats Hirooki Goto, Yuto Nakashima, Ryohei Oiwa & Kosei Fujita
- United Empire (Will Ospreay & Aaron Henare) defeats TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito)
- Bullet Club (Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & El Phantasmo) defeats Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI)
- CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) defeats Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr. & TAKA Michinoku)
- Guerillas of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Jado) defeats Bullet Club (Jay White & Gedo)
- D Block match: YOSHI-HASHI (6) defeats David Finlay (6)
- B Block match: Great O-Khan (4) defeats Taichi (4)
- A Block match: Tom Lawlor (6) defeats Jeff Cobb (6)
- C Block match: KENTA (6 ) defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi (6)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.