NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 features a main event clash between IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White and Taichi. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year features 28 men competing across four blocks.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
Four of the ten men in tonight’s tournament matches are already mathematically eliminated. This includes both Aaron Henare and KENTA who kicked off with C Block action. In his last match of the tournament, Henare got some hard shots in but couldn’t overcome a vicious assault from KENTA who picked up his second win with the Game Over submission to pick up his second win.
In the second bout, Toru Yano entered the last night of his G1 journey with only two points but the opportunity to affect the standings by eliminating Jeff Cobb. However, we got ‘funny’ Cobb, who tried to use Yano’s tricks against him and mostly failed, but in the end, pulled his t-shirt over his head and gave him a hard kick to the head followed by Tour of the Islands to stay alive in A Block on six points.
It’s D Block’s turn for two matches tonight and there is still a possibility of an unprecedented seven-way tie. In the first bout, Shingo Takagi overcame interference from SHO to end Yujiro Takahashi’s tournament with a loss and both men on six points.
In the second, YOSHI-HASHI took everything Will Ospreay threw at him and looked like he could pull out the victory. However, Ospreay was able to hit Hidden Blade to take the win and join Yujiro, Takagi, and David Finlay at the top of the block on six points.
The main event saw the already eliminated Taichi have one last shot at glory as he took on the undefeated leader of B Block and IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White. Taichi gave it his all and looked to have the champ beat several times, but White gathered his strength at the end to hit two Blade Runners and move to 10 points.
B Block will now be decided in the match between White and Tama Tonga on Tuesday.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 results
- Bullet Club (Juice Robinson, Bad Luck Fale, Chase Owens & El Phantasmo) defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tama Tonga, David Finlay & Jado
- TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito) defeats Team Filthy (Tom Lawlor & Royce Isaacs)
- Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, SANADA & BUSHI) defeats Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Zack Sabre Jr. & TAKA Michinoku)
- CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii) defeats Bullet Club House of Torture (EVIL, SHO & Dick Togo)
- C Block match: KENTA (4) defeats Aaron Henare (2)
- A Block match: Jeff Cobb (6) defeats Toru Yano (2)
- D Block match: KOPW Provisional Champion Shingo Takagi (6) defeats Yujiro Takahashi (6)
- D Block match: IWGP United States Champion Will Ospreay (6) defeats NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion YOSHI-HASHI (4)
- B Block match: IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Jay White (10) defeats Taichi (4)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.