NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 15 sees a key main event between Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hirooki Goto. You can find the results right here!
The G1 Climax tournament is one of the biggest events in the pro wrestling calendar and this year features 28 men competing across four blocks.
Two points are earned for every victory, one point is earned for a draw, and zero points are awarded for a loss. The top point scorer in each block will then advance to semi-finals on August 17th, before the finals on August 18th.
The winner of the tournament will earn an IWGP World Heavyweight Championship match at Wrestle Kingdom 17 in January 2023.
Should the current IWGP World Heavyweight Champion, Jay White, win the tournament then he will earn the right to choose his opponent at New Japan’s biggest show of the year.
We’re now in the final stretch of the G1 and two more men have been eliminated. Zack Sabre Jr. outsmarted the House of Torture with the help of a Young Lion to defeat EVIL in a short match. This not only ended the former IWGP Heavyweight Champion’s campaign but also brought ZSJ up to eight points to lead C Block.
Meanwhile, Tom Lawlor put up a great fight against Kazuchika Okada, but The Rainmaker was able to roll the leader of Team Filthy up into a pin for the win. This eliminated Lawlor from contention while bringing Okada back to the top of A Block with eight points.
Another man to reach the top of his block was Tama Tonga. He defeated the already-out Great O-Khan to get to eight points in B Block, tying with Jay White.
El Phantasmo was able to end David Finlay’s momentum in D Block to get the win after an incredible series of counters. Finlay is still in contention at six points while the victory kept ELP alive with four in a D Block where a 7-way tie is still a possibility.
In a main event that had implications for the whole of C Block, Hiroshi Tanahashi and Hirooki Goto clashed in their 15th singles match. Going in, Tanahashi had a record of 11-3 over the CHAOS man.
In a close contest, a slap caused blood to start gushing from Goto’s mouth but he kept fighting on, overcoming multiple Twist and Shouts before hitting a GTR for the victory to take him up to six points.
You can find the full standings for the tournament so far right here at Inside The Ropes.
Full NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 15 results
- United Empire (Will Ospreay, Jeff Cobb & Aaron Henare) defeats YOSHI-HASHI, Yuto Nakashima & Kosei Fujita
- CHAOS (Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano) defeats TMDK (JONAH & Bad Dude Tito)
- Suzuki-Gun (Lance Archer, Taichi & TAKA Michinoku) defeats Bullet Club (KENTA, Juice Robinson & Gedo)
- Bullet Club (Chase Owens, Bad Luck Fale, Yujiro Takahashi & SHO) defeats Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, SANADA & BUSHI)
- D Block match: El Phantasmo (4) defeats David Finlay (6)
- B Block match: Tama Tonga (8) defeats Great O-Khan (2)
- C Block match: Zack Sabre Jr. (8) defeats EVIL (4)
- A Block match: Kazuchika Okada (8) defeats Tom Lawlor (4)
- C Block match: NEVER Openweight 6-Man Tag Team Champion Hirooki Goto (6) defeats Hiroshi Tanahashi (6)
How to watch NJPW G1 Climax 32
Every day of NJPW G1 Climax 32 can be streamed live through NJPW World and is available on-demand.