With all eyes in the wrestling world trained on Forbidden Door, NJPW’s competitor in the All-Atlantic Title four-way match has been decided.
It was Adam Cole who stole Tony Khan’s thunder on Dynamite when he announced that AEW and New Japan Pro Wrestling were set to work together on a supershow named Forbidden Door.
As the date of the show draws ever closer, NJPW stars have been invading AEW setting up dream matches to be held in the United Center in Chicago.
Not one to shy away from a huge announcement, Tony Khan had his commentary team announce that at Forbidden Door, a brand new champion will be crowned as the world was introduced to the AEW All-Atlantic Championship.
A four way match will take place at Forbidden Door with matches featuring some of AEW’s international stars taking place to determine who qualifies for the chance to be the inaugural champion. One place in the match was reserved for NJPW competitors and we now know who that will be.
Tomohiro Ishii defeated Clark Connors at a recent New Japan Road show to qualify for the match where he will go up against PAC, Miro, and either Penta Oscuro or Malakai Black.
The full line up so far for Forbidden Door can be found below –
- Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (Interim AEW World Championship)
- Jay White vs. TBD (IWGP World Heavyweight Championship)
- Will Ospreay vs. Orange Cassidy (IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship)
- Miro vs. PAC vs. Tomohiro Ishii vs. either Malakai Black or Penta Oscuro (AEW All-Atlantic Championship)
- FTR vs. The Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb vs. Roppongi Vice (ROH Tag Team titles and IWGP Tag Team titles)
- Chris Jericho, Minoru Suzuki & Sammy Guevara vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta & Shota Umino
- Thunder Rosa vs. Toni Storm (AEW Women’s World Championship)