A new report has shed light on the seriousness of Paul Levesque – better known as Triple H’s – cardiac event that he suffered in September.
News first broke of Triple H’s medical condition when WWE issued a statement on September 8, 2021, revealing that The Game was recovering after a successful procedure following what they called a “cardiac event.” The full statement read:
“Paul Levesque, a.k.a. Triple H, underwent a successful procedure last week at Yale New Haven Hospital following a cardiac event. The episode was caused by a genetic heart issue and Paul is expected to make a full recovery.”
Nearly two weeks after that statement, Triple H himself made his first public comment on the matter. The WWE COO said that he is “blown away by the outreach and support from so many people.” He went on to say that he is “recovering, doing well, and deeply grateful for all the love in [his] life.”
I’ve been blown away by the outreach and support from so many people. I’m recovering, doing well, & deeply grateful for all the love in my life. Especially grateful for @ShawnMichaels & all the Superstars & crew @WWENXT! (Steph and the girls loved the snacks!)
See you soon 🙏❤️
— Triple H (@TripleH) September 21, 2021
Now Dave Meltzer has commented on the reported seriousness of The Game’s illness on Sunday Night’s Main Event podcast. Meltzer said a source had described the event as “very, very, very serious.”
Meltzer had previously commented on the likelihood of Triple H ever gracing the squared circle again:
”I wouldn’t expect HHH to ever wrestle again, although it is possible he may do one retirement match if he feels the need to leave on his own terms and doctors will clear him, but that’s not likely to be for a long time and he hasn’t even returned to behind-the-scenes work yet.”
Triple H was recently seen in his first public appearance since his heart surgery as he was part of a WWE contingent touring the company’s new headquarters that they are set to move into in 2022.