Fans in the United States of America will have their first opportunity to see the stars of New Japan Pro Wrestling since February 2020, as the company have officially announced a live event for August 14th.
NJPW Resurgence is set to be held at The Torch at L.A.Coliseum, a brand new open-air venue, and will feature an exciting array of stars from the promotion’s US and Japanese branches.
Top of the list is current IWGP US Heavyweight Champion Jon Moxley, who has featured intermittently on New Japan’s weekly US showcase, NJPW Strong since the Forbidden Door swung open earlier this year.
Though the card has yet to be finalised, it has been confirmed that the show will be streamed on both FITE TV and NJPW World, with English and Japanese commentary options available.
Wrestlers currently scheduled to appear are as follows:
- IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion: ‘Death Rider’ Jon Moxley
- NEVER Openweight Champion: ‘Switchblade’ Jay White
- STRONG Openweight Champion: ‘Filthy’ Tom Lawlor
- ‘The Good Brothers’ Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson
- ‘FinJuice’ Juice Robinson & David Finlay
- Shota Umino
- Ren Narita
- ‘Alpha Wolf’ Karl Fredericks
- ‘Wild Rhino’ Clark Connors
- Alex Coughlin
- ‘Young Gun’ Hikuleo
- ‘Mr. No Days Off’ Fred Rosser
- ‘Man of the Hour’ Lio Rush
- ‘Big Bad’ Brody King
- ‘Dirty Daddy’ Chris Dickinson
- ‘Fil-Am Flash’ TJP
- ‘Most Feared’ JR Kratos
More names are due to be added in due course.
New Japan Strong airs every Friday on New Japan’s subscription streaming service, New Japan World.