AEW News

Multiple AEW Talents Test Positive For COVID-19

AEW logo

“Multiple” talents who have appeared on AEW television in September have tested positive for COVID-19. The outbreak was confirmed by Jon Alba of Spectrum Sports 360 and Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.

This week’s Dynamite saw a last-minute change as Lance Archer confirmed he had tested positive. The Murderhawk Monster reassured fans he feels okay though, and confirms he was tested as a family member was ill. Archer said we can expect him to return to TV in two weeks.

However, it seems like Archer’s positive test isn’t a one-off.

Fightful, in collaboration with Spectrum Sports 360’s Jon Alba, were able to confirm that multiple wrestlers and talent present at All Elite Wrestling’s September 9 tapings tested positive for COVID-19 in the two weeks since. We were not told if those tests were separately conducted or if they were conducted and diagnosed at either set of tapings. There were others we’ve heard are ill or showing symptoms, but we’re unsure if they’ve tested positive.

The report goes on to say that some of the talent involved had been brought in for the last set of AEW Dark tapings. Many of which are not under contract with AEW.

Both Sapp and Alba recently broke the news of a WWE-related COVID outbreak.