The saga regarding MJF in AEW continues despite him wrestling at Double Or Nothing, with new reports suggesting he is set for a break from the company.
MJF has made no secret about his contract situation with AEW, seemingly letting all and sundry – including potential suitors – know that come 2024 he is available to the highest bidder.
The three-time Dynamite Diamond ring winner’s relationship with AEW President Tony Khan is said to have deteriorated in recent months with the two having a “heated” conversation following MJF participating in an interview that wasn’t cleared by the AEW office.
Things looked to have come to a head before Double Or Nothing in Las Vegas with MJF no-showing a meet and greet he had been advertised for, with his match with Wardlow at the show being put in serious jeopardy.
Despite the rumours to the contrary, MJF did show up at the T-Mobile Arena to open the show with his former bodyguard, making fans wait just that little bit longer than usual for him to appear once his music had hit. On the show, the former Pinnacle leader took 10 powerbombs from Wardlow following months of attacks and antagonism from the Salt of the Earth.
Now, Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful has reported that MJF appeared at the show right before his match, left the arena immediately afterwards, and says he has a lot to think about.
MJF claimed to us that he showed up shortly before his match, left right after, and has a lot to think about.
I haven't been able to verify this with other people at the show, or if this was planned/approved/suggested by AEW.
Our full post show: https://t.co/0gwx6oaSep
— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 30, 2022
PWInsider has also reported that the Long Island native appeared in the arena at “the last minute” with their report adding that he will not be on the road for several of the company’s upcoming TV tapings and possibly longer.