Following reports that the WWE Draft could be coming sooner rather than later, a new update has hinted that things are far from being that straightforward.
On August 13th it was reported that the next WWE Draft was just around the corner, and could potentially take place right after Clash At The Castle. The report noted that a number of Monday Night Raw stars had been scheduled to appear on the SmackDown after the clash, while Superstars from the blue brand were booked to appear on the September 5th and 12th editions of Raw.
However, a brand new report from Fightful Select has indicted that the reality could be very different.
Fightful claim that the date of the Draft is no longer a “slam dunk” and many Raw stars have now been un-booked from the SmackDown directly after the Clash, although many Superstars had been told that the Draft would be taking place that week.
Sources from the USA Network have told talent there are no plans for a Draft in the immediate future, instead suggesting that it won’t be until after WrestleMania 39 in 2023. It should be noted that there hadn’t been any announcements or confirmation from WWE regarding the date of the Draft.
The last WWE Draft took place in early October 2021 with Roman Reigns and Big E being drafted as the number one picks for SmackDown and Raw respectively. Olympic gold medallist Gable Steveson was also drafted to Raw but has yet to compete on the red brand.