Jon Moxley was victorious in his match at Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport 5, defeating the previously undefeated Davey Boy Smith Jr. by knockout via the Paradigm Shift.
The contest saw Moxley busted open and both men trading heavy strikes and submission attempts; Moxley even attempted to lock in Smith’s uncle Bret Hart’s trademark Sharpshooter.
Following the victory, it was announced that Moxley would face the eponymous Josh Barnett at Bloodsport 6. The event will take place as part of GCW’s The Collective Remix on April 8th 2021 in Tampa, Florida.
This match had been due to take place last year, as part of The Collective during WrestleMania weekend, but was cancelled due to the pandemic.
This will, in fact, be the third attempt in as many years to run this match between the two, as it was originally scheduled to take place in September 2019 before Moxley had to pull out.
THURS, APRIL 8 – 8PM
The Cuban Club – Tampa, FL
Streaming LIVE on @FiteTV! pic.twitter.com/Ey5l6wDsrH
— GameChangerWrestling (@GCWrestling_) February 21, 2021
Moxley debuted as part of Bloodsport 3 in October of last year, defeating Chris Dickinson, and has spoken passionately about the concept of the event which dictates all matches must end by KO or submission.
Josh Barnett’s Bloodsport 5 Full Results:
- Jon Moxley def. Davey Boy Smith Jr. by KO
- Jeff Cobb def. Tom Lawlor by submission
- Chris Dickinson def. JR Kratos by submission
- Rocky Romero def. Simon Grimm by submission
- Royce Isaacs def. Alex Coughlin by submission
- Kal Jack def. Superbeast by submission
- Calvin Tankman def. Nolan Edward by TKO
- Calder McColl defeated Bad Dude Tito by submission