WWE News

Johnny Gargano & Kyle O’Reilly Reportedly Expected To Leave WWE

Johnny Gargano Kyle O'Reilly

Following NXT WarGames, two top stars are reportedly expected to be on their way out of WWE altogether as Kyle O’Reilly and Johnny Gargano look to pastures new.

NXT has seen a lot of upheaval in its ranks since the revamped NXT 2.0 replaced the original incarnation of the black and gold brand in September. Already former NXT Champion Adam Cole and former NXT Tag Team Champion Bobby Fish have made their way to AEW following their own WWE departures.

While Cole’s time came to an end in the company following the expiration of his contract, Fish had been a part of a round of roster cuts that have plagued the WWE roster in 2021.

At NXT WarGames Kyle O’Reilly and Johnny Gargano were both in action with Gargano reported to have signed a week’s extension to his deal in order to take part in the event. Both men were ultimately unsuccessful with O’Reilly and Von Wagner failing to capture the NXT Tag Team Championship from Imperium and Gargano’s Team Black and Gold falling to Team 2.0 in WarGames.

Now Fightful Select has reported that those within the company are working under the assumption that neither Johnny Gargano nor Kyle O’Reilly will be around after this week. The two men are said to have been offered multi-year deals and were recently brought to SmackDown with WWE eager to retain them.

Talent within the company is reported to have not yet said their goodbyes to the two men with the expectation being that they will both be at Tuesday’s edition of NXT 2.0. Although the belief within the company is said to be that both contracts will lapse with one of the stars likely to leave WWE completely.