WWE News

Jeff Hardy Breaks Silence Following Controversial WWE Release

Jeff Hardy

Jeff Hardy has broken his silence publicly for the first time since his release from WWE in a video alongside his brother and AEW star Matt Hardy.

Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful first reported on the 9th of December that WWE had come to terms on the release of the former WWE Champion. That followed an incident at a live event in Edinburg, Texas that led to Hardy being sent home.

PWInsider first reported that Hardy was not at the live event held in Corpus Christi, Texas on Sunday, 5th of December saying that the SmackDown star had been sent home.

On the Saturday night event in Edinburg, Texas, Jeff Hardy headlined teaming with King Woods and Drew McIntyre to take on The Bloodline in a six-man tag team match. In that match, Hardy was said to have taken the lion’s share of the punishment from Roman Reigns and The Usos but once he tagged his partners in, Hardy left through the crowd and did not re-emerge after the bout.

Sean Ross Sapp followed up his initial report on Hardy’s release with a possible reason that The Charismatic Enigma had been let go:

“I’ve heard WWE offered Jeff Hardy help and rehab, and it was not accepted. Here’s to hoping things get better for him.”

Matt Hardy has shared his support for his brother on social media meanwhile Jeff’s wife Beth has stated that “Jeff is good” following the events of the past week.

Now Jeff Hardy has made his own public comment for the first time since his release in a video on Twitch alongside his brother Matt.

Matt told viewers he was the architect of The Hardy Boyz before Jeff appeared wearing headphones and mentioned that he had been listening to “Release Me” by Wilson Phillips. Jeff then tells Matt:

“I am the Whisper In The Wind, I am The Swanton Bomb but without you there is no Poetry In Motion”

Jeff Hardy then plugged some upcoming concert appearances he is making where he’ll be meeting fans and performing all new music.