Hikaru Shida has passed a historic milestone as AEW Women’s Champion reaching one full year as champion successfully defending the championship on eight occasions in the process.
AEW Women’s Champion Hikaru Shida has successfully reached a full calendar year as AEW’s reigning defending Women’s Champion on May 23rd, 2021.
Shida successfully captured the AEW Women’s Championship at the 2020 Double or Nothing PPV Event, defeating defending champion ‘The Native Beast’ Nyla Rose in a well received No Disqualification match.
The victory would signal the end of Rose’s Championship reign after just 101 days making her the shortest reigning Women’s Champion behind Riho at 133 days and Shida who will reach at least 372 days as Champion regardless of the outcome of her upcoming Double or Nothing title defence against Britt Baker.
During her time as AEW Women’s Champion, Hikaru Shida has successfully defeated a who’s who of AEW Women’s Division including the likes of Thunder Rosa, Nyla Rose, Tay Conti and Anna Jay.
On May 30th, 2021 Hikaru Shida will face what many are considering her toughest challenge yet as she takes on the incomparable Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. who many fans and critics alike have called the stand out AEW performer of 2021.
The full AEW Double or Nothing card can be found below and is available to watch live May 30th via the FITE app.
- Kenny Omega vs. Pac vs. Orange Cassidy for the AEW World Championship.
- Cody Rhodes as “The American Dream” for one night only vs. Anthony Ogogo.
- The Casino Battle Royale for a future AEW World Championship opportunity.
- ‘Hangman’ Adam Page vs. Brian Cage.
- Miro vs. Lance Archer for the AEW TNT Championship.
- The Stadium Stampede match between The Pinnacle and The Inner Circle.
- Sting & Darby Allin vs. Scorpio Sky & Ethan Page.
- The Young Bucks vs. Jon Moxley & Eddie Kingston for the AEW Tag Team Championship.
Inside The Ropes will have full live coverage of AEW’s upcoming Double or Nothing event both on ITRWrestling.com and the Inside The Ropes Twitter Account.