IMPACT Wrestling kicks off their 2022 pay-per-view schedule with a return to Dallas, Texas for Hard To Kill!
The third-annual Hard To Kill pay-per-view was already looking like a historical event. Between the inaugural all-knockouts Ultimate X match and the first defence of the Ring Of Honor World Championship on IMPACT turf between Chris Sabin and the champion Jonathan Gresham, the event was already looking to be a trademark, must-see IMPACT pay-per-view.
On the day of the event, though, numerous announcements rocked the very foundation of the card. Ian Riccaboni and Bobby Cruise will serve as the guest commentator and ring announcer for the aforementioned ROH title bout, while Tom Hannifan – the former Tom Phillips of WWE fame – will debut with IMPACT as their new play-by-play announcer.
IMPACT Wrestling Hard To Kill 2022 Results
In IMPACT’s first-ever women’s pay-per-view main event, Mickie James defeated Deonna Purrazzo in a brutal Texas Deathmatch to remain the Knockouts World Champion heading into WWE’s women’s Royal Rumble match on 29 January. This will presumably mark the end of their feud, with Tasha Steelz – who won the inaugural knockouts Ultimate X match – awaiting Mickie.
Earlier in the night, Chris Sabin was unsuccessful in his conquest of the ROH World Championship against Jonathan Gresham, with this Ring Of Honor involvement being met later in the show by the shock arrival of The OGK, Vincent, and PCO, seemingly beginning an ROH invasion within IMPACT Wrestling. They showed up following the Hardcore War, laying waste to the match’s victors.
Elsewhere on the card, Moose remained the World Champion when he defeated Matt Cardona and W. Morrissey, Trey Miguel retained the X Division Championship against Steve Maclin, and Josh Alexander toppled the mighty JONAH by submission.
The full results are as follows:
- Jake Something defeats Madman Fulton
- Mike Bailey defeats Ace Austin, Chris Bey and Laredo Kid
- Tasha Steelz defeats Alisha, Chelsea Green, Jordynne Grace, Lady Frost and Rosemary to win the inaugural knockouts Ultimate X match
- Trey Miguel (c) defeats Steve Maclin to retain the IMPACT X Division Championship
- Jonathan Gresham (c) defeats Chris Sabin to retain the ROH World Championship
- Josh Alexander defeats JONAH
- Heath, Rhino, Rich Swann, Willie Mack & Eddie Edwards defeat The Good Brothers (Doc Gallows & Karl Anderson) & Violent By Design (Eric Young, Joe Doering & Deaner) to win the Hardcore War
- Moose (c) defeated Matt Cardona and W. Morrissey to retain the IMPACT World Championship
- Mickie James (c) defeated Deonna Purrazzo in a Texas Deathmatch to retain the IMPACT Knockouts World Championship