Johnny Elite is back in AEW! Or at least he is for the time being.
John Hennigan made a surprise appearance at the latest taping for Rampage on June 21st — the show will be broadcast on June 23rd.
Hennigan joined forces with the QTV Crew to attack The Acclaimed after they had defeated two local talents in tag team action. The former WWE Superstar has wrestled in AEW previously, taking on Samoa Joe in the first-ever Owen Hart Tournament back in March 2022. Hennigan later wrestled Marq Quen and Miro, although he never signed a contract with the company.
The former Intercontinental Champion is best known for his two spells in WWE where he enjoyed a great deal of success. Outside of the sports entertainment giant, the star has become a regular fixture on the independent scene while also stepping into the ring for the likes of IMPACT Wrestling, AAA, Lucha Underground, and MLW to name just a few.
AEW Rampage Spoilers – June 23rd
- United Empire (Will Ospreay, Kyle Fletcher, Jeff Cobb) and Swerve Strickland def CHAOS (Trent Beretta, Chuck Taylor, Rocky Romero, and YOH)
- Adam Cole came out for a promo. MJF interrupted Cole’s promo and told Tony Khan to book Cole against Tom Lawlor. Lawlor then attacked Cole, setting up a match for Forbidden Door.
- The Acclaimed & Daddy Ass def Local talents. Johnny Elite (John Hennigan) joined the QTV crew in attacking The Acclaimed after the match.
- Owen Hart Foundation tournament: Skye Blue def Anna Jay A.S.
- “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry def DOUKI
All spoilers come courtesy of ITN WWE