WWE has a long tradition of changing their Superstars’ names and this year has been no exception, with many ring names being altered in the last few months.
These changes can happen when an established wrestler enters the company for the first time, such as Prince Devitt becoming Finn Balor when he made his NXT debut, or it could be changing existing Superstars’ names, usually by shortening them. This happened to the likes of Big E Langston, now Big E, and Matt Riddle, now simply known as Riddle.
This year, many more WWE Superstars have received alterations to their monikers, so below we have brought together every name WWE has changed so far in 2022.
- January 18th – WALTER to GUNTHER on NXT 2.0
- January 25th – Saurav to Sanga on NXT 2.0
- March 11th – Pete Dunne to Butch on SmackDown
- March 25th – Kaylan Inlay to Kiana James on NXT Level Up
- March 25th – King Woods to Xavier Woods on SmackDown
- April 4th – Elias to Ezekiel (allegedly) on Raw
- April 5th – Pretty Deadly’s Sam Stoker and Lewis Howley to Elton Prince and Kit Wilson on NXT 2.0
- April 8th – Marcel Barthel to Ludwig Kaiser on SmackDown
- April 8th – Raquel Gonzalez to Raquel Rodriquez on SmackDown
- April 11th – Austin Theory to Theory on Raw
- April 13th – Raul Mendoza to Cruz Del Toro on NXT 2.0
- April 16th – Kay Lee Ray to Alba Fyre on NXT 2.0
- April 16th – Kacy Catanzaro to Katana Chance on NXT 2.0
- April 25th – Tommaso Ciampa to Ciampa on Raw
- April 26th – Robert Stone to Mr. Stone on NXT 2.0
- April 26th – Channing Lauren to Channing Lorenzo on NXT 2.0
- May 20th – LA Knight to Max Dupri on SmackDown
- May 29th – Simone Johnson to Ava Raine (Performance Centre Trainee)