AEW Revolution was held on March 5th and was the promotion’s first pay-per-view offering of the year.
The event was widely praised by both fans and critics with the Ironman main event between MJF and Bryan Danielson for the AEW World Championship capturing the imagiation. The show also saw new World Trios Champions crowned in stunning fashion as the House of Black overcame The Elite. Meanwhile the Texas Death Match between Jon Moxley and Hangman Adam Page proved decsive due to the sheer amount of violence on display.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer has now revealed his ratings for every match on the show. The top rated bout was the main event which received five 3/4 stars, while the TNT Championship match received the lowest rating with two 1/4.
- The Luca Bros & Mark Briscoe vs. Ari Daivari ***1/2
- Ricky Starks vs. Chris Jericho ****
- “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry vs. Christian Cage – Casket Match ****
- House of Black vs. The Elite (c) – World Trios Titles ****3/4
- Jamie Hayter (c) vs. Saraya vs. Ruby Soho – Women’s World Title ***
- Adam Page vs. Jon Moxley – Texas Death Match *****
- Wardlow vs. Samoa Joe (c) – TNT Championship **1/4
- The Gunns (c) vs. The Acclaimed vs. Jeff Jarrett & Jay Lethal vs. Orange Cassidy & Danhausen – World Tag team Titles ***1/4
- MJF (c) vs. Bryan Danielson – Ironman Match *****3/4
AEW Set To Rename All-Atlantic Title
On the first episode of Dynamite following Revolution, Tony Khan announced that AEW would be renaming the All-Atlantic Championship on March 15th. From that point forward it will be known as the International Championship.
Elsewhere on the show, Wardlow saw his reign as TNT Champion cut short when he was defeated by Powerhouse Hobbs thanks to a helping hand from QT Marshall.