WWE News

Corey Graves Thinks John Cena Is Swerving WWE Fans Over WrestleMania Appearance

John Cena Thumb

WWE commentator, Corey Graves, believes that John Cena is swerving the company’s audience by stating that he cannot be at WrestleMania 37.

On February 2, 2021, John Cena shot down reports that he was a lock for ‘The Grandest Stage of Them All’ when, in no uncertain terms, he orated that there would be no logistical way he could be present at Raymond James Stadium thanks to the filming schedule on his HBO Max series, Peacemaker.

Currently filming in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, The Suicide Squad spin-off will take it’s lead actor through to July and with current travel restrictions in and out of Canada stating that Cena would have to quarantine for two weeks upon his arrival into the United States and then again when he returns to the country, it doesn’t seem possible that the star will be able to take a month away from filming for a twenty minute appearance at WrestleMania.

However, speaking on WWE’s After the Bell, host Corey Graves doesn’t seem to believe John Cena and believes that he is swerving the audience in order to keep any appearance a complete surprise:

“I don’t buy it. Because it should be John Cena at WrestleMania in some capacity. There’s a lot of truth to what he’s saying, it makes sense, I understand it. But there’s also a guy as recent as the Royal Rumble last year told everybody he’s not coming back under any circumstance. Yeah, Edge, the guy who just won the Royal Rumble did the same thing.”

Though John Cena categorically shot down a WrestleMania 37 appearance, he isn’t done with professional wrestling yet and told Jimmy Fallon during a recent appearance on The Tonight Show that he would be returning to WWE as soon as humanly possible to put what can only be a full stop on a legendary career.

Credit for the interview: After the Bell

h/t for the transcription: Wrestling Inc.