WWE News

Charlotte Flair WWE Return Plans Are ‘Locked In’, Update On Andrade’s status [Exclusive]

Charlotte Flair Andrade

After six months out, speculation surrounding the return of Charlotte Flair to WWE has started to ramp up.

talkSPORT’s Alex McCarthy reported back in June that Flair was set to take her first extended break from WWE following elective surgery.

It was said the 34-year-old would be out until the tail-end of 2020, possibly even Royal Rumble season. That takes us up to where we are right now and Flair is yet to return.

WrestleVotes posted a report earlier this week that suggested WWE were debating the idea of having Andrade and Flair – a couple in real life – return as a pair on screen.

The motive behind the idea would be to have Andrade seen as a main eventer alongside the well-established 12-time Women’s Champion.

Sources have told ITRWrestling.com that while that idea may have been kicked around, an on-screen partnership between Charlotte and Andrade will not be happening and didn’t even get as far as being pitched to Flair.

The plans for the return of Charlotte Flair are already locked in. Sources say The Queen insisted long-term plans were laid out before she returned to TV and it seems as though she has gotten her wish.

Andrade’s plans as of right now are completely separate. The former NXT champion dropped a self-produced video last week – which he narrated entirely in English – where he said wrestling was in his blood and he has to return because he was born to do it.

Originally, Andrade took time off from WWE to have elective eye surgery.

Charlotte was last seen on WWE TV back on June 22 when Nia Jax, in storyline, broke her collarbone in a backstage attack.