With Bryan Danielson set to appear on AEW Dynamite in Milwaukee, a new report has confirmed his status for the upcoming Forbidden Door pay-per-view.
Bryan Danielson hasn’t wrestled since Double or Nothing on May 29th due to an undisclosed injury. At that event, he took part in the chaotic Anarchy In The Arena match that saw The Jericho Appreciation Society defeat Danielson, Jon Moxley, Eddie Kingston, Santana, and Ortiz. While it was initially reported that he would be back in action quickly, The American Dragon is yet to return to the ring.
Furthermore, Danielson recently missed a meet and greet session, as he was unable to fly due to his injury.
It has long been rumoured that Danielson would be squaring off against Zack Sabre Jr at the event after the English star has repeatedly taken shots at the former WWE Champion in interviews and on social media.
Now in what is likely to be the last update before Dynamite goes live, Bryan Alvarez speaking on Wrestling Observer Live has said in relation to Danielson competing at Forbidden Door “he is definitely out.”
The full card for Forbidden Door can be found below but more matches are expected to be announced live on Dynamite:
- Jon Moxley vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi (Interim AEW World Championship)
- Jay White vs. TBD (IWGP World Heavyweight Championship)
- Will Ospreay vs. Orange Cassidy (IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship)
- Miro vs. PAC vs. Tomohiro Ishii vs. either Malakai Black or Penta Oscuro (AEW All-Atlantic Championship)
- FTR vs. The Great-O-Khan & Jeff Cobb vs. Roppongi Vice (ROH Tag Team titles and IWGP Tag Team titles)
- Chris Jericho, Minoru Suzuki & Sammy Guevara vs. Eddie Kingston, Wheeler Yuta & Shota Umino
- Thunder Rosa vs. Toni Storm (AEW Women’s World Championship)