It has been announced by AEW that former Women’s Champion Britt Baker has been pulled from the January 25th episode of Dynamite.
In a post on social media, it was confirmed that Baker will miss the show through injury. The news had first been broken by announcer Tony Schiavone on the AEW Control Center. The star had been due to take on Toni Storm and Ruby Soho in a huge Three-Way-Match. Baker will not be replaced in the match and the bout will now be a singles clash between Strom and Soho.
Britt Baker Misses Dynamite
At the time of writing, there are no details on the nature of the injury, or how long the former champion will be out of action.
Britt Baker was most recently in action on the January 11th episode of Dynamite when she teamed with Jamie Hayter to defeat Saraya and Toni Storm. The victory was mired in controversy after Hikaru Shida threw a kendo stick into the ring.
A week later, Storm and Saraya turned heel following an attack on Willow Nightingale. Storm had defeated Nightingale after assistance from Saraya. Once the beatdown was underway, Ruby Soho who has been teaming with Nightingale, ran down to make the save, setting up the planned match on January 25th.
The full lineup for the 25th of January edition of Dynamite can be found below –
- Darby Allin (c) vs. Buddy Matthews – TNT Championship
- Toni Storm vs. Ruby Soho
- Ethan Page & Matt Hardy vs. JungleHOOK
- Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara vs. Ricky Starks & Action Andretti
- Bryan Danielson vs. Brian Cage
- Family Therapy with AEW World Tag Team Champions The Acclaimed, Billy Gunn, and The Gunns
- Mark Briscoe vs. Jay Lethal – Jay Briscoe Tribute Match