WWE News

Big E Says He Won’t “Demean” WWE’s Part-Time Stars

Big E

Big E has weighed in on the conversation surrounding part-time competitors in WWE and says he doesn’t think anyone is going to turn down 7-figures for two night’s work.

Much has been made of WWE’s use of part-time wrestlers with the likes of John Cena, Brock Lesnar, and Goldberg all heavily featured in recent months. Goldberg appeared on RAW and laid down some threats to Bobby Lashley after their feud earlier this summer over the WWE Championship got personal when Lashley attacked Goldberg’s son.

Speaking to Ariel Helwani on the Ariel Helwani Show current WWE Champion Big E says he’s focused on the full-time WWE Superstars but doesn’t think ill for anyone taking a monumental payday:

“I’m not here to demean anyone being a part-timer. If someone said, ‘I’ll give you $5 million to wrestle two times in a year,’ who is going to turn that down? I’m not one to judge anyone’s contract, but I do understand, the perception that we’re the ones, the guy’s on all the shows, we’re doing live events, media for three hours, and putting the work in. Many times, for less money. My focus, moving forward, is on the guys here on a nightly basis and in the locker room every week. Of course, I want to face the Keith Lees. Let’s get The Hurt Business back together. There are so many guys I want to focus on. I understand the backlash with people seeing older guys coming back, but I’m just asking for one night. One match. Then we’ll all move on.”

The Hurt Business heeded Big E’s call as the group reunited on RAW and MVP will be hoping business is booming for the resurrected group.

Keith Lee may have gotten a new lease of life in WWE as well as debuted a new look and new nickname on Monday Night RAW.

h/t Fightful for the transcription