Against a backdrop of incredible uncertainty on a day that should have been a cause for celebration, AEW rolled into Austin, Texas for Dynamite and Rampage.
Earlier in the day it had been confirmed that AEW Collision will launch on June 17th and be broadcast live every Saturday night on TNT. However, the shine was quickly taken off the announcement by a whirlwind of speculation around CM Punk and whether a deal for the star to return to the company had now collapsed.
Back in the ring on Dynamite, there were wins for Sammy Guevara, Jungle Boy, and Roderick Strong who saw off Chris Jericho in a Falls Count Anywhere match. The major talking point from the show came in the main event segment where the war between The Elite and the Blackpool Combat Club raged on.
After more back and forth and threats galore, Hangman Adam Page hit the ring to reunite with Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks. The two sides are set to continue their rivalry at Double or Nothing when they meet in an Anarchy in the Arena match.
AEW Rampage Results – May 19th
- The Acclaimed & Billy Gunn defeated The Varsity Athletes and Ari Daivari
- Jade Cargill defeated Dani B. Mark Sterling and then called for an open challenge, which led to…
- Jade Cargill defeated Jennacide. After the match, Taya Valkyrie laid her out and challenged Cargill to a TBS Championship match for Double or Nothing.
- The Hardys and Isiah Cassidy came out for a promo in the ring. Ethan Page confronted them on the stage, leading to a sneak attack from behind from The Gunns. A six-man tag match was then made for Double or Nothing.
- The Blackpool Combat Club defeated Bandido and Best Friends. The finish saw Wheeler Yuta defeat Chuck Taylor.
All spoilers come courtesy of PWInsider.