AEW Rampage was taped at the Save Mart Center in Fresno, California when the most recent edition of Dynamite went off the air.
Dynamite began in sombre mood with AEW acknowledging the sad death of 38-year-old Ring of Honor star Jay Briscoe. The star died in a car accident just 24-hours earlier. A graphic was shown for Briscoe as the show started and a number of wrestlers wore black armbands in tribute to the ROH legend. However, it has since been reported that AEW were blocked from running a dedicated tribute episode by Warner Bros. Discovery.
In the ring, Orange Cassidy defeated Jay Lethal to retain his All-Atlantic Championship while Darby Allin saw off KUSHIDA in the main event to keep hold of his TNT Title Elsewhere there were wins for Bryan Danielson, Ricky Starks and Top Flight scored a big win over the Young Bucks. The show also saw two big names turn heel.
AEW Rampage Spoilers
- Jungle Boy def Ethan Page. Matt Hardy and Isiah Kassidy were at ringside. As the match reached it’s conclusion Page grabbed Hardy’s hair to try and void a Code Red. In response, Hardy shoved Page enabling Jungle Boy to grab the win.
- Tony Schiavone interviewed Eddie Kingston and Ortiz. The relationship between the two men has been deteriorating in recent weeks and that things came to a head here. Ortiz branded Kingston a fake tough guy and the Mad King responded by flattening Ortiz with a steel chair before leaving.
- Brian Cage def Willie Mack
- Jade Cargill and Leila Gray def Jaina and Jordyn Vanity
- Action Andretti def Daniel Garcia
All spoilers come courtesy of f4wonline.com