The April 14th episode of Rampage drew the show’s highest viewership since 2021.
Benefitting from a huge lead-in from the NBA the episode averaged 639,000 viewers which is an increase of 27% from the previous week. This was also the highest total viewership since September 17th, 2021.
The show scored a 0.21 rating in the 18-49-year-old demographic which is the best rating since April 8th, 2022. This figure represents a 23.5% increase from April 7th. (Figures courtesy of Showbuzz Daily)
Rampage aired directly after the NBA Playoff game between the Chicago Bulls and Miami Heat.
It has since been reported on Wrestling Observer Radio that this lead-in meant the opening match on Rampage between Aussie Open and Best Friends was viewed by 1.466 million people. This makes it one of the most-watched segments AEW segments in history.
AEW Rampage Results
- Aussie Open (c) def Best Friends – IWGP Tag Team Titles
- Tony Schiavone interview with FTR
- Jay Lethal & Jeff Jarrett & Mark Briscoe & Satnum Singh def Manscout Jake Manning & The Spanish Announce Project
- Taya Valkyrie def Emi Sakura. Jade Cargill and Leila Grey were at ringside. After the match, Grey went to attack Valkyrie but got laid out by the Road to Valhalla. Cargill and Vlkyire ended up fighting but Grey attacked from behind. Cargill left Valkyrie laying with a Jaded
- “Jungle Boy” Jack Perry def Shawn Spears. The match was Spears’ first in AEW since October 2022.